Delivery Driver/Yard Worker
Braen Supply: Haledon, NJ/Wanaque, NJ
FLSA Classification: Laborer
Overtime Status: Non- Exempt
Braen Supply, the premiere landscape, masonry, and hardware building supplier in the greater tri-state area is currently seeking a Delivery Driver for both of our Supply locations in Haledon, NJ and Wanaque, NJ. T he successful candidate will be expected to assist in the supply yard when needed with duties associated to the Yard Worker position.
This position may be subjected to seasonal layoffs. This is considered a safety- sensitive position subjected to the Company’s Controlled Substance and Alcohol Policy.
This position may be subjected to seasonal layoffs.
Please note that although every effort has been made to craft a thorough job description, this is a fluid document which will be updated, modified, and added-to, as necessary.
We are a safety minded company and expect the successful candidate to be as well. This position is hourly, non-exempt from overtime. Overtime is paid after 40 hours are worked each week. Hours of work are will vary.
Expectations/ Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Safely operate delivery flat bed and dump trucks throughout the tri-state area including New York City
- Must possess valid a CDL (Class A or B) with clean driving record within MVR policy guidelines
- Experience operating a moffett
- Responsible for safe loading/unloading of materials
- Experience with airbrakes & standard transmission
- Product knowledge will be expected
- Responsible for notifying managers if vehicles need repairs/inspection of leaks/damage prior to operation
- Operate a Forklift & assist other areas of work-related tasks as need be
Expectations/ Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to (Yard Worker):
- Safely operate a forklift and/or bucket loader
- Provide customer service
- Accurately utilized a tape measure
- Correctly and safely load customer’s order
- Unload/sort incoming inventory
- Accurately compile products for delivery
- Assist with yard maintenance/cleaning
- Be able to lift up to 100 lbs unassisted
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Exercise exceptional customer service via phone, email and in person
- Demonstrated previous experience is a key factor
- Must be able to understand work order directions & communicate effectively with co-workers
- Perform all job-related functions with maintaining constant alertness of surrounding areas/other employees/contractors/homeowners
- Repetitive stopping, bending, crouching as required to perform duties
- Ability to lift/carry at least 50 pounds unaccompanied and 100 pounds with assistance
- Candidate must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Work involves close proximity to high traffic areas, heavy equipment and moving machinery
Travel: This position is based in Haledon, NJ and Wanaque, NJ with expected travel to various areas of the tri-state
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- Hours are generally 7:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday and Saturday work will be required.
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions
- Periodical exposure to high levels of noise, grease & dust
Braen Supply is family owned, operated, and oriented. We want the best for our employees! With that said, we promote a healthy lifestyle, offer competitive pay, encourage time off to relax and rejuvenate and provide the tools to retire in style!
- Vacation days
- Sick/personal time
- Paid Holidays
- Term Life Insurance
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor 401(k) contributions and employer match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial rewards!
- Braen Gear…who doesn’t love a free shirt, beach towel, or jacket?
- Thanksgiving Turkey
- A blowout of a Christmas Party
- Summer Family Picnic (think zip lining, swimming, boating, eating, and the competitive Company softball game!)
- Safety Program- Get caught doing some good and earn some really cool prizes
- Matching Gift program
- Healthy snacks
Explore Our Hiring Process
You’re sold, you want to be a part of the Braen team. Here’s a glimpse at our hiring process.
- Apply- We won’t know you’re interested if you don’t apply!
- Interview- Come in once or twice so we can learn more about you and also, to meet the people you’ll be working with. This is your chance to interview us too!
- Offer Letter- Will you be a part of our team? Sign, date and return if it’s a Yes!
- Background Check- Standard background check…nothing to be afraid of
- Physical and Drug/Alcohol Screen- We are proud to be a drug-free workplace
- Post-Offer Examination Test
Braen Stone Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
We are a drug-free workplace and we conduct pre-employment drug/alcohol screening, physicals and background checks on all job candidates.