Entry Level Delivery Driver
Offering a $5,000 Sign-on Bonus and $2,000 Referral Bonus for Drivers Hired!
UNFI is the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty grocery products in the United States and Canada. We supply over 43,000 customer locations with 250,000+ products from 58 distribution facilities across the country. UNFI ships 2 million cases per day supplying thousands of consumers and nourishing families nationwide. Our retailers range from small family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in between. UNFI Drivers are vital to the grocery supply chain. At UNFI, Delivery Drivers have great pay, benefits and safety incentives.
Why Work at UNFI as a Delivery Driver?
- Location: Greenwood, IN
- Salary: $27.00/hour + $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
- Schedule: Full-time
- Territory: Local and Regional routes in Indiana and surrounding states with 1 up to 2 overnight layovers built into schedule
- Day Shift – up to 12 hours during your scheduled shift
- Power equipment and lift gates used to assist in moving product
As a Delivery Driver, you must have solid understanding of receiving and shipping functions and display good time management, computer, and math skills. It is also important that you have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Our successful drivers require specific certifications, knowledge, and experience as outlined below:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Pre and post trip inspection of their vehicle utilizing safe and effective loading and handling procedures.
- Reviewing paperwork for completeness and accuracy, checking orders for correct number of boxes, correcting addresses and support documentation, completing time cards, entering trip data into on-board computer.
- Complying with FMCSA regulations.
- Delivering and unloading products utilizing equipment, including tractor trailer, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars, and other devices which assist delivery. Verifies piece count, leaves the appropriate paperwork and secures the required signatures and store stamps (when applicable) on delivery documents.
- Operates vehicle safely within UNFI guidelines minimizing accidents, traffic violations and complaints from the public
- Reports any accident immediately to the Transportation Manager/Department.
- Keeps vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure. Reports any defects promptly using DCVR form.
- Picks up supplies and back hauls from vendors. Completes related paperwork.
- Addresses and resolves customer problems as appropriate.
- Attends mandatory drivers meetings, training or administrative sessions as required.
- Maintains the Company’s professional reputation to customers, the public and company employees. Projects professional image by dressing in company provided clothing.
- Assumes other related duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration and a valid state specific Commercial Driver’s License.
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test.
- Basic knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) law and mandates and understanding of UNFI’s safety standards.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- System implementation experience is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.