Turn over a new “leaf” this “fall” with a brand new career at Rex Lumber, Troy, LLC! Do you enjoy working in a physically active environment? Do you want the opportunity to start a job that will turn into a career with dedication and time? If you answered “yes!”, then we want you as part of our team! Our Forklift Operators are crucial in keeping logs & lumber moving throughout the production process and doing it safely is a priority! If this sounds like a team you would like to be part of, apply today!!
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS
Operate lifts, industrial trucks, or tractors equipped to move, load, and stack/unstack materials around mills, warehouses, and log yard. Ensure that all lumber packs are placed in the appropriate lumber yard according to the individual yard map (as communicated by the area supervisor), or into the appropriate kiln charge, according to the kiln production schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete Forklift Daily Checklist at the beginning of shift to ensure cleanliness of the forklift, proper and safe operation, and identification of any issues that may require maintenance intervention.
- Safely and effectively operate a diesel-powered forklift to transport materials between various loading, processing, and storage areas, as assigned.
- Safely stop and reset forklift when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report all malfunctions to the area supervisor.
- Maintain cleanliness and order of forklift and workspace throughout shift. Use downtime to clean and organize.
- Ensure all tools and supplies are present and in place at the beginning and end of your shift, according to the 5S standard of the forklift. If tools and supplies are used during the shift, ensure they are placed back in their 5S location immediately after use.
- Immediately advise the area Supervisor if any tools are missing, or required supplies are missing or running low.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM), lubrication, recharging of batteries, and fueling of forklifts in accordance with Maintenance Schedule.
- Participate in the action planning process
- All other duties assigned by the supervisor
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Possess adequate fitness and stamina in order to conduct strenuous and physically demanding tasks.
- Understand and follow oral or written instructions issued by supervisors
We are excited about your interest in a lumber manufacturing career. Rex Lumber is committed to providing its team members with an exceptional company culture and employment experience. If you want a career, not a job, and you want to experience big company benefits with an intimate company feel, come join the Rex Lumber team! You have an opportunity to join a fantastic team and be our newest contributor.
We offer outstanding benefits that include company-paid:
- Health with Prescription Drug Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Telemedicine Program through Teladoc
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Vacations and 7 Paid Holidays
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Employee Referral Program
- Rally Health Rewards Program
Additionally, we offer:
- Safety Incentives
- Accident and Critical Care Insurance
- Wellness Incentives and Employee Recognition Programs
- Conditional Relocation Assistance
- Conditional Tuition Assistance
- On-the-Job Training
- A culture that strongly believes in promoting from within
- Potential for additional Paid Time Off hours
- Uniform Rental and Boot Purchase Program