The Installer Foreman is expected to successfully complete all assigned installation jobs with minimal supervision and responsibility for all work performed by the crew. The Install Foreman will have some supervisory duties. As the Install Foreman, you will demonstrate technical expertise in more detailed and complex installation competencies and be able to complete an installation in any situation. The Install Foreman will model positive behaviors in compliance with all company policies and procedures and is expected to demonstrate a team approach for each project and to be ready, willing, and able to positively respond to directions to ensure the successful completion of the project.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. All essential functions are subject to reasonable accommodation. Employees needing or requesting accommodation should contact the Human Resources Director.
- Expertly install, disassemble, assemble, reconfigure, and inventory all types of commercial furniture.
- Demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of installation process for the various lines of systems furniture that the company handles.
- Accurately interpret and follow installation drawings.
- Monitor and ensure installation workmanship and inform crew of the daily work expectations.
- Participate in on-the-job training and formal classroom training to train junior installers in installation practices.
- Ability to conduct and prepare written inventories on simple jobs.
- Assemble and dismantle furniture as required by specifications with a minimum amount of supervision.
- Handle all products, new or used, safely and avoid damage or injury per company/manufacturing policies and specifications.
- Follow all instructions given by supervisor to ensure that Company policies and procedures and proper installation procedures are followed, and customer expectations are met.
- Keeps tools in good working order and ensures that all tools are available as needed.
- Ensure that all systems furniture installed is in good working order and completely installed.
- Assign work to crew as appropriate by giving clear directions and providing additional direction and instruction as necessary.
- Monitor the progress of the job and communicate with Supervisor throughout the day regarding progress of job and report problems encountered.
- Complete all paperwork specific to the job (punch-list, change order, etc.) to ensure that billing opportunities are captured, all work is accounted for, and all work is completed as outlined on the work order.
- Arrive to work or job site on time, attired in proper uniform, and ready to work.
- Demonstrate positive communication skills when interacting with co-workers, supervisors/foremen and client representatives and communicates any discrepancies, delays or damages promptly to supervisor.
- Ensure production goals are achieved on time within acceptable levels of quality, costs, and safety.
- Visually inspect materials and merchandise and facilitate all needed documentation.
- Follow all warehouse policies and procedures.
- Review all job paperwork for quality and accuracy.
- Ensure debris is cleaned up at the job site and the location is left clean and immaculate. This includes wipe down, vacuuming where required.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, both verbal and written, using computers.
- Other duties may be assigned.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some physical requirements include lifting 70 pounds, driving for 11 hours, carrying items up or downstairs, walking for long periods, and working in all types of weather environments.
- Work is carried out at the customer’s location and will vary accordingly.
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, 401(k) with company match, paid time off, and more.
Meyer, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and seeks to employ qualified persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status, including individuals with disabilities who are able to perform the essential functions of a particular job with or without reasonable accommodation.
We participate in E-Verify. We will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employees Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have solid computer and email skills.
- Knowledge of system furniture and ability to learn new tasks.
- Must have strong customer service skills with a professional approach.
- The knowledge to inform customers when other trades are needed for work completion.
- Must have attention to detail, good decision-maker, and personable.
- Able to pass clients’ background screening and credit checking process.
- Physically able to lift 75 lbs. Able to do some repetitive lifting, standing, bending, climbing, sitting, and reaching as required for the position