The Delivery Driver will assist with the delivery of merchandise to customer’s home and other retail locations. Additional job duties may be assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Driving delivery vehicle, delivering of large merchandise and unit assembly.
- Provide a positive representation of Valley Ace Hardware.
- Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
- Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
- Possess a friendly outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
- Forward any customer complaint that cannot be handled to a member of management.
- Assist customers with personal, customized service based on the premise of amazing every customer, every time.
- Assist in creating a positive, professional and safe work environment.
- Assist with receiving, checking in and stocking of item in the lumber yard.
- Operate forklift with proper training.
- Communicate any Store Support Center issue to General Manager for follow up.
- Participate in store meetings.
- Be professional in appearance and actions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Other Essential Requirements
Must be able to provide a clean driving record.
High School or GED equivalent preferred.
Formal hardware retail experience preferred.
Former moving company or appliance retail experience preferred.
Standing, walking, lifting (up to 80 lbs) and climbing.