Job Description: Mover/Helper
Winter Moving & Storage is looking for hardworking individuals to join our growing team. If you’re looking for a career with a proven successful moving company and an opportunity for growth, please review the job posting below and apply today!
About our company
Winter Moving & Storage is a privately-owned company, providing moving services in Northwest Arkansas since 1979. The key to our long-term success is having the right people on our team. We’re an agent for Atlas Van Lines, one of America’s Top Movers. We provide local, long distance and international moving services, as well as commercial moving and warehousing & distribution services.
Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check and drug screening.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for performing offsite residential and commercial work, help with residential and commercial moves, prepare & protect customer’s belongs for transportation to another destination and help with warehouse duties as needed.
- Loads and unloads vehicles by hand or by use of hand truck or dolly.
- Wraps furniture with blankets, shrink wrap and cartons to prevent damage.
- Wraps dishes and fragile items in packing paper and packs them into containers.
- Pads, stacks, and secures items in position on truck to prevent damage during shipment.
- Delivers and stacks shipment on customer’s premises
- Assists in cleaning truck, tools, and equipment
- Collects or picks up empty containers, packing materials
- Must know, use, and follow all company safety regulations (training will be provided)
- Must have knowledge of furniture and equipment handling industry-accepted procedures (training will be provided)
- Must know and use generally accepted industry practices; employee is responsible for punching in & out daily & must follow company policies, including meal & breaks rules according to Arkansas laws and company policy about time off & attendance.
- Works well in a team environment, maintain a good attitude
- Knowledge of safety regulations
- Must be self-motivated & detailed orientated
- Arrive promptly for assigned work time
- Present a neat & clean appearance
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: These physical activities are essential to the job occasionally to frequently. Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, climbing, balancing, stooping/bending, reaching, handling and feeling.
- Stamina to lift & load heavy items repeatedly (up to 50 lbs. alone/150 lbs. with a helper)
- Required to stand for long periods of time
- Required to work outside in either hot or cold climate for extended periods of time
- May be required to work additional hours/overtime/ overnight / weekend when necessary to complete a task and/or move
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Often times, a very busy atmosphere with loading and unloading of trucks, either manually or with the use of a forklift and is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. You will be required to wear a company uniform while on duty & appropriate work boots or shoes.
- High school Level or GED, able to read, write & speak English