Studdard Moving Group is looking for experienced movers and laborers to help with our customer moves. The mover is responsible for loading furniture into van, driving truck to specified destination, and loading or unloading furniture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drives van to loading point and consults householder on furniture to be moved
- Provides directions in moving articles to the van
- Loads truck, distributing weight evenly, forming compact load, and utilizing space
- Drives van to destination and unloads cargo
- Obtains customers signature or collects payment for services
- Services van as needed
- Removes window frames and erects block and tackle on house to remove bulky items
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested
- High school diploma or equivalent required; driver’s training school helpful
- One to two years related training and/or experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience required; two to five years related training and/or experience preferred
- Commercial driver’s license required
- Experience with tools, power tools, and ability to operate fork lift
- Good decision making skills
- Good supervisory/management skills
- Ability to perform job with limited supervision
- May require occasional overnight travel
If you are looking for a great new challenge in a casual, family-friendly organization with a flexible working environment then this might be the position for you.
Studdard is an equal opportunity employer.