Ozark, AR, USA
Fitzhugh Generating Station
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
An Operations & Maintenance Technician supports the efficient operation of the assigned power plant. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and continuing to strive to push AECC and our mission forward.
AECC’s Fitzhugh facility is a one on one combined cycle facility, that can operate in simple cycle mode, utilizing a Siemens 501D5A combustion turbine and an older GE steam turbine. Fitzhugh operates on natural gas but can operate on #2 diesel as back up. Fitzhugh has a capacity of 170-Megawatts.
- Performs minor and major mechanical maintenance on all plant equipment, including but not limited to combustion turbines, hydroelectric turbines, steam turbines, steam boilers, heat recovery steam generators, pumps, motors, fans, compressors, valves, hydraulic systems, and cranes.
- Inspects all plant equipment inside and outside, checks and lubricate equipment in accordance with prescribed procedure, periodically records readings on log sheets as directed, and reports all non-routine items found.
- Utilizes AECC’s Enterprise Asset Management System to identify the need for maintenance and track all activities and statistics required to support maintenance and operations functions.
- Travels to remotely located hydroelectric turbine and combustion turbine plants and performs work as directed.
- Participates in training program and continually seeks to improve skills required.
- Maintains familiarity with, observes and practices all safety precautions. Maintains familiarity with and abides by all applicable internal AECC policies and procedures regarding NERC and FERC compliance.
- Performs duties in such a manner that is applicable to laws, regulations, and permit requirements including environmental permit requirements are adhered to. This duty is performed daily.
- May be required to performs water tests as directed and operates water treatment equipment such as demineralizers, reverse osmosis units, and filtration systems.
- Operates forklift or similar machinery, as necessary, to unload delivery trucks, install/remove equipment, and for general material handling.
- Carries out security duties as necessary and as directed including screening/identifying visitors and performing security patrols to enforce security policies.
- Assists with equipment lockout/tagout for maintenance by positioning energy isolation devices as directed
- Performs preventive maintenance on all plant equipment in accordance with schedules to insure reliable equipment operation.
- Assists in firing of the boiler and all duties related to burning fuel oil including unloading and transferring oil, cleaning strainers, and spill cleanup.
- Handle stress and work well with others are essential functions of this position.
- Pursuant to the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Act 593, this position is a designated safety-sensitive position according to AECC/AECI standards and processes.
- EEI Position Testing will be conducted as part of the selection process.
- As a condition of employment, this position requires a post offer, pre-employment drug test and pre-employment Fitness for Duty Exam.
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus at least 3 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work shift work while working in operations.
- Must be able to travel to various locations throughout the state of Arkansas to complete work assignments. Overnight travel to meetings or work sites is required, up to 50%.
- 2 Retirement Plan Options
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Paid time off accrual
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.