Must have extensive knowledge of the moving industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Loads and unloads trucks by hand or by use of hand truck or dolly.
- Assembles and disassembles furniture in a timely manner.
- Wraps furniture with blankets to prevent damage.
- Pads, stacks, and secures items in position on truck to prevent damage during shipment. Delivers shipment to customer’s.
- Assists in cleaning truck, tools, and equipment.
- Must know, use and follow all Senior Moving Services safety regulations.
- Must have knowledge of furniture and equipment handling industry-accepted procedures.
- Must know and use generally accepted industry practices for vehicle housekeeping.
- Must wear uniforms.
- Must have own transportation and phone.
- Smoking is not allowed at the work sites; in or on Senior Moving Services property.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization\