Property Attendant / Professional Mover
General Statement of Duties
The Property Attendant position performs duties associated with the warehouse, moving and recycling programs of the Property Management Division. An employee in this class is responsible for delivering/removing surplus property and inventory items to various County locations, processing and disposing of recyclables, assisting with internal department moves, and maintaining an off-site warehouse. This employee will also perform related work as required. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Property Management Supervisor and the Division’s Property Specialists.
An employee in this class is responsible for lifting items of significant weight and relocation of personal property on a daily basis. Employee should be familiar with proper moving techniques and enjoy interacting with a variety of customers on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the operation of various equipment to include box truck, pallet jack and forklift.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Graduation from high school or GED.
- One year experience in warehouse environment, shipping/distribution or moving of furniture/fixtures.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Must be able to obtain Forklift Certification within first year of employment (onsite training provided).
- This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice’s Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent criminal background check.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered for minimum qualification requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains off-site warehouse facility to include organization of storage items, cleaning of warehouse delivery/storage area, and relocation of personal property.
- Delivers furniture and supplies to County departments from off-site warehouse storage.
- Picks up surplus property from various County facilities and stores/disposes of it at the direction of the Property Manager.
- Collects and separates all recyclable materials from various County buildings and delivers recyclable items to recycling locations.
- Assists with departmental and employee moves to include moving and storing County owned and personal property.
- Delivers items picked up from County buildings for disposal.
- Processes daily work orders and reports on the completion of assignments through an electronic work order system.
- Lifting 50-100 lbs occasionally, 25-50 lbs frequently or up to 10-20 lbs constantly.