Support – Forklift Operator
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Grocery / Perishables Forklift Operator is responsible for, but not limited to, properly locating product from reserve locations and filling slots, properly taking received product and putting it into reserve locations, moving and positioning pallets, following stacking profile tags in the repack areas or any other general work in a proper manner in accordance with instructions and production standards pertaining to the specific assignment.
PRIMARY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Obey safety rules pertinent to lifting and handling of product and equipment as well as personal safety behavior.
- Follow rules for proper care and maintenance of equipment.
- Handle all pertinent records accurately and legibly.
- Work to attain individual production goals, when assigned.
- Ability to work extra hours in addition to normal schedule as needed.
- Insure proper service to customers through production quality and quantity as required.
- Follow all work rules.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness, and proper dress code.
- Report to your supervisor all problems that interfere with a proper and safe work environment.
- Perform other company functions when directed (including selection)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and REQUIREMENTS:
- Accurately read pallet tags up to forty (40) feet in height.
- Accurately move product at a rate equal to at least minimum production standard.
- Read labels, slot identification codes and product descriptions on cases and bags under
normal distribution center lighting.
- Accurately count multiple items.
- Perform work in a refrigerated (reduced temperature) area with temperatures down to –20 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Perform work in a non-refrigerated (ambient temperature) area with varying temperatures from 40 degree Fahrenheit to 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Accurately fill all slots to full capacity per rack specifications.
- Carry up to 100 pounds, distances of 8 feet on dry, wet and/or slippery surfaces.
- Lifting to heights of 70 inches.
- Pulling and pushing items with a resistance of up to 100 pounds.
- Let down according to rotation procedures.
- Adhere to company procedures and safety rules and regulations.
- Operate stand-up Forklift safely with full knowledge of machine.
- Remove wrap from pallets when filling slot.
- Put empty pallets into proper storage area.
- Accurate completion of all required paperwork.
- Accurately read receiving tags and put product into reserve locations.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Ensuring master cases are cut prior to being put into the active slot when replenishing a break down slot.
- Adhere to Company procedures and safety rules and regulations.
- Operate electric materials handling equipment including electric forklift machines.
- Climbing to a height of up to 11 inches.
- Use repetitive motions, using upper and lower extremities, mount and dismount equipment approximately 11 inches high.
- Perform work in a non-refrigerated distribution center with temperatures that vary from 40 degrees Fahrenheit to 80 degrees Fahrenheit.