Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek Logistics Services succeeds by promoting a diverse, friendly, and respectful teamwork environment. As a vital service provider, we not only make a difference in our community but offer our associates opportunities to enhance their skills, build meaningful careers and end each day with a sense of accomplishment. If you’re looking for a family-oriented company that lives by its values and offers competitive pay and benefits, join our team today.
Yard Drivers assists in the organization and maintenance of trailers in our yard. Yard Drivers perform the job on Saddle Creek yard locations and are not required to go over public roads. This position contributes to the goal of exceptional service in meeting the delivery schedule and takes action when needed to communicate and resolve problems.
- Safely maneuver a tractor and trailer combination vehicle in a compact yard area
- Complete yard check daily
- At direction of Management and/or yard management system, move empty trailers to shipping doors, set loaded trailers to the doors and remove loaded/empty trailers from dock doors
- Perform and document pre and post shift safety inspections
- Lift and open trailer doors and slide trailer tandems when necessary
- Frequently bend to place and remove wheel chocks
- Safely enter and exit yard tractor numerous times per shift
- Safely maneuver equipment with good backing skills
- Adhere to all safety policies
- Keep tractor in a clean, sanitary condition at all times
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a minimum of 1-year experience in the operation of a tractor-trailer unit in a yard driver/warehouse setting
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrate good customer service skills.
- Must be able to work overtime and adjust schedule as needed
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and background investigation